12 jan Port8 LTD – prilika za posao!
Port8 LTD is a young, dynamic software start-up from Mostar – Bosnia and Herzegovina. Currently we are developing modern property technology SaaS applications for the Swiss company emonitor. Together we change the real estate industry with digital systems and make sure that every tenant finds the right apartment. Our customers range from real estate management companies to cities and cooperatives.
Our believe is that trust and independence is the biggest key in developing an innovative and productive work environment. Therefore we count on proactive thinking and purpose-driven mentalities from our team members.
We are looking to bolster our ranks within our feature teams with additional software engineers focused on back end development.
What we provide:
- Flexible and family friendly working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow your career
- Support for your personal development and growth through providing you access to paid courses and conferences
- We offer trust-based working hours and the option to work remotely from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- High degree of personal responsibility through varied and challenging tasks
- Space for creativity and taking ownership
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Cool office in the heart of Mostar with free coffee
- Regular team events, team updates and get-togethers in Switzerland and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Chance to shape the future of property-tech
- Proactively participate in breakdown of complex problems into deliverables
- Proactively participate in code reviews, testing and release cycles
- Implement user features and business logic by designing REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Design and implement unit and functional tests
- Implement analytical aspects of features – feature tracking, report generation, analysis, visualization, data collection and management
- Determine and implement needed performance optimizations
- Determine and implement needed code refactoring to reduce technical debt
- You are driven by the immediate impact of your work in the hands of users
- You enjoy working in a team
- You are always solution-oriented with excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are able to communicate complex topics clearly and quickly
- You are able to breakdown complex problems into meaningful deliverables
- You have a growth mindset and enjoy learning new things
- You are self-motivated and proactive
- Deep knowledge of modern Python, and automated testing principles
- Understanding of SOLID/DRY/YAGNI principles, clean code, design patterns, and scalable architecture design
- Ability to give meaningful code review, and send tested PR’s
- Workable knowledge of our technical stack or willingness to specialize in it quickly (Django, Celery, PyTest, PostgreSQL)
- Workable knowledge of Git, and UNIX based systems
- Experience in working in a team utilizing efficient Git flow workflows (understanding principles of CI&CD, participated in code reviews, you understand basics of GitOps)
- Workable knowledge of using modern Cloud-based infrastructure (Kubernetes, Helm, CloudSQL, BigQuery)
- Workable knowledge with identifying, troubleshooting and debugging performance issues
Optional, but good to have:
- Experience working with Geo-spatial data
- Experience working with or building data analytics pipelines
- Experience building micro-service oriented architectures
- Experience with statically typed languages (Go/Rust/Kotlin/Swift/Java)
- Experience with SQL, and SQL optimizations
- Experience with DevOps or MLOps
Does this sound like a good next step in your career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role – we would still like to consider your application.