28 jul VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Economic Officer
Rok prijave 15.08.2023
The Royal Norwegian Embassy to Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) is located in Sarajevo. The Embassy staff consists of 15 dedicated individuals. The main task of the Embassy is to promote Norway’s interests in BiH; keep the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oslo informed about the developments in BiH, assist Norwegian citizens with consular matters as well as contribute to a positive development of BiH through strengthened business relations and project assistance.
Position: Full-time, 40 hours a week. This is a permanent position. The tentative starting date is 1 October 2023.
Applications must be written in English and shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should be titled “Application for Vacancy”.
Applications shall contain a CV (including two references) and a cover letter.
Deadline for application: 15 August 2023, early applications welcome.
Shortlisted candidates will have to be available in late August 2023 for a written examination and interview(s).
As an integral part of the Embassy team, the Economic Officer will play an important role in nurturing the positive and growing relationship between BiH and Norway. Under the authority and direct supervision of the Ambassador and the Deputy Head of Mission, the Economic Officer will have a responsibility for supporting business promotion strategies (with a particular focus on the energy sector), enabling more efficient work processes and assist in a variety of administrative tasks using ICT skills. The Economic Officer will have a unique opportunity to further develop the position through applying a wide range of skills. The Embassy offers possibilities to grow in the role. The Economic Officer will widen his/her portfolio according to personal interests and objectives, in line with Norwegian interests and in close dialogue with Embassy management.
Functions and Duties:
We are seeking a highly motivated colleague to assist/contribute to:
- Strengthen the Embassy’s work on business promotion in BiH, in close coordination with Embassy and MFA colleagues and the Norwegian-BiH Business Association (NBBA).
- Further develop and operationalize the Embassy’s business promotion strategy by engaging and maintaining relations with relevant stakeholders, in particular in the energy sector.
- Provide relevant and timely reports/analyses on the economic developments in BiH and their implications on the society and the political landscape.
- Take a lead role in implementing, and guiding colleagues on, the use of ICT systems (Microsoft Office applications) to enhance the Embassy’s workflow and administrative processes (e.g. supporting the overall transition to Sharepoint solutions), in close coordination with the Deputy Head of Mission.
- Assist the Embassy’s consular and project teams in making work processes more efficient through ICT systems and digitalization.
- Administrative tasks relating to the day-to-day functioning of the Embassy.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of Embassy campaigns and events.
Qualifications and experience:
- Citizen of/receptible of a working permit in BiH.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or a related field. A Master’s degree in a relevant subject will be considered as an advantage.
- At least two years of professional working experience in matters related to the job description.
- Advanced ICT skills. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will provide relevant courses regarding in-house workflow.
- Excellent oral and written English. Knowledge of Norwegian will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluent in Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian.
- Ambitious, self-driven with a dynamic/flexible approach to fulfilling the functions and duties of the position.
- Strong knowledge and interest in the political and economic developments in BiH, including its Euro-Atlantic aspirations.
- Good knowledge of different business sectors in BiH, in particular the energy sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills contributing to build our team spirit. Willingness to assist colleagues.
- Excellent knowledge and interest in Microsoft Office applications, including Sharepoint.
- Excellent analytical, administrative and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet short deadlines.
- Proven networking skills.
- Availability for travel in BiH and the Balkan region.
Preuzeto sa: Hocu.ba