15 feb View Vacancy – CSSF Project Manager (Defence Section) (BIH22.071)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.Job Category Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)Job Subcategory CSSF (Conflict, Stability and Security Fund)Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a CSSF Project Manager for the Defence Section.
The successful job holder will be working directly to the Defence Attaché (DA), to project manage Defence Portfolio of the UK’s Conflict, Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) in Bosnia and Herzegovina; ensuring that all CSSF regulations are adhered to, finances are managed correctly and reported on in a timely manner.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Work with the DA and other Embassy teams to design, manage and monitor all defence capability building projects to ensure they deliver effect.
- This will including drafting business cases, procuring projects in line with UK requirements, and ensuring that Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) is built into all CSSF programmes. You will provide recommendations and advice to the DA on how procedures could be improved to increase value for money or better effect/outcomes.
- You will also support the delivery of capability interventions, including arranging workshops and other events.
- Be responsible and accountable to the DA for all CSSF Financial activity. Provide timely and accurate forecast on spend, including monthly and annual financial reports for the UK Ministry of Defence.
- You will support the DA at Programme Board meetings, prepare Briefs and Presentations as required.
- Working with the rest of the mission you will ensure that there is effective public communications of UK Defence activity, including supporting the DA social media outreach
- You will be the Gender Issues Lead for the Defence Section within the Embassy, as many of the CSSF Programmes focus on Women Peace and Security issues.
- Line Manage the Defence Section Assistant CSSF Project Manager.
- In all of this there is a need for flexibility to take on other duties as required.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency both in English and one of the BiH constituent languages (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
- Project Management experience
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Public communications/media experience
Required competencies Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at PaceApplication deadline 21 February 2022Grade B3 (L)Type of Position Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewalWorking hours per week 41Region Europe, Eastern Europe & Central AsiaCountry/Territory Bosnia and HerzegovinaLocation (City) SarajevoType of Post British EmbassyNumber of vacancies 1Salary Currency BAMSalary 4,203 BAM (gross per month)Start Date 7 April 2022Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time position of 5 working days (41 hours per week). The position is offered upon successful completion of three month probation period by mutual agreement, initially for one year with the possibility of renewal, subject to available funding.
The monthly salary for this position is 4,203.00 BAM gross per month. In addition, members of staff receive a meal allowance and transport allowance as per Terms & Conditions.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation in Bosnia and Herzegovina in order to apply.
Staff members recruited locally by the British Embassy Sarajevo are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Bosnian employment law and social contributions will be paid accordingly.
British Embassy Sarajevo provides opportunities for learning and development, including dedicated courses on project and programme management, monitoring and evaluation and other project management skills, and opportunities to network and learn from others performing similar roles elsewhere in the region.
British Embassy Sarajevo supports flexible working options including working from home for part of the working week, and there is some flexibility in working hours.Additional information
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.